BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Determination amidst difficult circumstances

About last month, I remember taking a bus and saw a very unusual sight. I mean very, very unusual. Something most of you might not have seen before with your own eyes.

Well, there was a man sitting two rows in front of me. He looked like just your ordinary man - tall and big sized, wearing a striped T-shirt and long pants and with a normal crew cut hairstyle. As I was behind him, I could not see his facial expression. It was only when he stood up that I realised what so unusual about him. He had a prosthetic leg.

I was shocked! I had seen prosthetic legs before in movies, but this was the first time I have seen it "live". It was much thicker than I expected. But that wasn't the main thing that moved me. Rather, it was his facial expression. As he was facing me, I could see his facial features and expression clearly. His eyes were dreary and his looked worn out. I thought I could see the pain in his eyes every time he took a step forwards. But there was something else. It was determination. Determination to press on. Determination to lead a normal life. Determination

Even though he was just a stranger, I still have great respect for him. I feel that we have a lot to learn from him. His determination to lead a normal life despite his disability is really worthy of praise and commendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment