BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crowded or not??

As I looked back on the recently concluded Chinese New Year, reminiscing of all the sumptuous food and bonding with the family, a question suddenly appeared in my mind - "Would the bus be crowded or not during the three public holiday?".

I consulted my cousins on this question and they all said confidently that the buses would definitely be less crowded than on usual days. They reasoned that everyone would be driven by their relatives or family members which is what happens in my maternal's family. Either that or they take the MRT or a taxi as it is much faster and more convenient.

However, I think that the the buses would be more crowded than normal days. This is because I think that not every family in Singapore would have the luxury of having enough cars to drive the whole family to go for visitations. Taking a taxi would also be a too expensive way to travel here and there. MRT - Well, I think that although MRTs are faster, people would still have to take a bus to go to the nearest MRT station or to take to the desired place from the MRT station as MRTs cover only a general area and not each and every corner of Singapore.

After listening to my cousins' and my stand, who do you support? Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting observation. (:

    What I do notice more about public transport during the festive period is the drivers; I do pity them, they don't have the chance to celebrate with their families, instead they spend their lunar new year driving buses/trains.

    All the more we must appreciate these little heroes of society. (:

    ryan.

    ReplyDelete