BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home learning Part 2

Intrapersonal (Diary entry)

Dear Diary,

today was a terrible day. After coming back from a tense day at work, I learnt the news that my children, Jem and Scout were being bullied in school by their peers, being called names like "nigger-lover" and stuff. Sigh. Did I make the right decision in trying to defend Tom Robinson. Is it all my fault that my children are suffering and being persecuted by their school mates. I knew I should not have taken up this case.

No, country comes before self. I must persevere. I must push on. I must fight to the end. I am sorry children, that daddy has to put you through so much trials and hardship, but you must understand where I am coming from. I am doing this for you, and also for Maycomb, in the dim glimmer of hope that when you grow older, the Maycomb you live in then will be much different from the Maycomb you now live in. A Maycomb where everybody is equal. A Maycomb where blacks and whites can live together in harmony. So please, children, bear with it for a while. Please forgive me, I beg you.

Yours truly,
Atticus


No comments:

Post a Comment