BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Impatient Woman

I was taking the bus home after training one day when I saw something that really made me boil. This is what happened . . .

It was the peak hour. 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm and it was guaranteed that the bus was going to be full. True to expectations, the bus was packed like sardines. And to be honest, being on a crowded bus make me very irritable. Hot and humid, combined with the inability to breathe is the perfect combination for irritating a person. Already at this precarious state, a woman did something that really made the blood in my veins boil.

This woman was in her 60s I suppose and had a big mole above her right eye. She clad in a gaudy dress and her face was puffed up with thick mascara. When she wanted to alight at the bus stop near Bukit Timah Market, she just shoved her way through without saying so much as a simple “excuse me” or “please”. When she came to the exit, she was blocked by a guy with a humongous bag. No matter how hard she tried, she jus could not squeeze past. As a result, she kept harassing the girl in front of her and repeatedly ask her in a very impatient tone to “GET OF THE BUS”. The guy with the big bag soon began to realize the obstruction he was causing, and when he was about to move away, he was met with the woman’s icy glare. The girl who was harassed also looked very angry at the impatience of the woman. But as the woman was about to alight, the door closed before her and the bus just left, leaving the woman fuming and smarting and glaring and me, laughing gleefully at the woman.

I was really pissed at the woman and I almost wanted to shout at her, but my self pride held me back. I could not bring my self to argue or bring myself down to the same level as her. I am sure that the guy and girl who were affected by the shameless, impatient woman also felt this way. Sometimes, it makes me wonder how there could be such people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment