BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rude Bus Driver

I was taking the bus home on last Thursday when I was met with a very rude bus driver. I knew I had no value in my EZ - link card and thus I paid 50 cents ( I thought it was 45 cents ). I was about to walk to the back of the bus when the bus driver, in a very rude manner, hollered, "Where's your bus card?". I was taken aback by the sudden shout of the bus driver. Like a timid mouse, I obediently scanned the card on the scanner. Then, he took a look at the 50cents I inserted and then, in a very sarcastic manner, asked, "50cents go where?". As I thought I had paid the full amount, I didn't really understand his question. So I asked him again, thinking that I heard wrongly. But again he said the same thing. After a while, the bus driver got so agitated that he said controlling his anger, "Must pay 60cents". Not wanting to anger him further, I did as I was told and went to the back of the bus. As I was walking home that day, I could not help but think about the incident that happened on the bus. I feel that the bus driver was very rude as he immediately raised his tone when he talked to me. He might have thought that I was trying to scam him as other people (especially teens) might have done so. Still, I felt he was too rash and rude. If it was a tourist who had come to Singapore for a slight vacation, and they don't know the bus fares (like me XD), and if this bus driver so happens to be driving the bus and gives them the same treatment as he gave me, that would really ruin the good image of Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment