BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Polite Bus Driver (RUDE BUS DRIVER CONTINUED)

This post is written with reference with the previous post on the rude bus driver. This is what happened . . .

About 2 days after the fortunate meeting with the rude bus driver, I still had not topped up my Ez - link card as I did not have the time to do so. (OOPS!!XD) Still remembering what happened 2 days before, I was very weary of another shelling from another bus driver. So, as the bus approached, I timidly inserted 60cents (I learnt my lesson) into the coin collector and wanted to rush to the back of the bus without getting into trouble with another of bus driver. However, as I was making my escape, the bus driver asked my to tap my bus card. Oh dear, not again! I thought.

However, there was something different with this bus driver. He spoke with a cheerful intonation and began his statement with a “Please” and ended it with a “Thank You”. Obediently, I followed his instructions. Then, as I was about to make my second escape, he again stopped me and asked, “Where do you want to go boy?” OH DEAR, NOT AGAIN! I contemplated what to say. I remembered very clearly that I had paid 60 cents this time, but if I told him that I wanted to go to Upper Bukit Timah like last time, I risked getting scolded by this bus driver again. Seeing I was dumbfounded, the bus driver asked me the same question again. Not wanting to create a bad impression of Hwa Chong students, I made up my mind to be honest and tell him the truth. To my surprise and to some extent, relief, the bus driver excepted my answer with no qualms or questions. As he saw the look of bewilderment on my face, the bus driver, in a very calm and gentle manner, explained to me about the new rule imposed by the SMRT Bus Company, which is that those people who pay with coins have 2 different fares depending on the distance of their journey.

I really respect this bus driver. He was very polite in the whole conversation with me and explained to me every detail of the new rule without getting frustrated nor impatient. I feel that this is the proper way to tell the commuters on the new rule and not get fed up with them like the other bus driver. This bus driver has also gone a long way to clear any lingering doubts about the company having good bus drivers. Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment