BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kissing in public - Acceptable or not?

I was on the MRT last Saturday when I was making my way to Church. What I saw on the MRT was kind of strange, and I don’t know if its acceptable to be done in public. Well, this was what happened . . .

I was slouching on the MRT seat on my way to church, my head leaning against the glass panel. I was about to doze off, when something caught my attention. You might not believe this but, 2 couples were smooching in the public! Immediately, I was woken up from my drowsy state. I was not the only person watching them. A few small toddlers who were previously running around stopped in their tracks to watch them. Promptly, their mother came and blocked the couple from their view. This led me to think, is smooching in public acceptable??

Obviously, from the mother’s view point, this act was clearly an act of indecency and thus wanted to protect her children from learning from them. However, in my perspective, I feel that it is alright. Maybe it’s because I have seen many movies before with the same sort of scene and I have gotten used to it. But honestly, to me, this is just another way of professing their love for one another. It’s the same as saying I love you in public. But is that wrong? NO! So, likewise, these couples are not doing something unacceptable and thus, I don’t see the point in looking at them in a strange or angry manner.

However, this is just what I think. I would like to hear some responses from you so please feel free to air your views and comment on this thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment